Club Day at Pali

About 100 different clubs set up tables in the quad during lunch to speak to Pali students and to recruit new members as part of Pali’s annual fall Club Day. Two events took place, with the first day, Thursday, Sept. 12, directed at those looking to join interest-based clubs, while the second day, Friday, Sept. 13, focused on service-based clubs.

Approximately one week before the event took place, ASB leadership encouraged students to apply to start a club. Leadership held an informational meeting for students interested in starting a club. Leadership required new clubs to fill out an application, in which they outlined the goals and purpose of the club and submitted it. After reviewing around 50 club applications, the ASB team hand-selected a total of 30 clubs. These new clubs, as well as previously existing ones, were able to set up tables during Club Day.

Sophomore and President of the Student Environmental Advocates Club Julia Sansing described her Club Day experience as “a fun way to find possible members and meet new students.” Sansing and the other club officers agreed that “it was cool to talk to people who were interested in the same things as us.” Student Environmental Advocates Club addresses environmental issues in the community and brainstorms ideas about ways high school students can help save the planet. The club meets every Tuesday in E201 at lunch.

Sophomore Co-President of Pali’s new Creative Writing Club Charlie Slan believes that Club Day at Pali is important because it “lets clubs show the student body what they stand for.” Slan says she is “grateful to have been a part of [Club Day].” Creative Writing Club meets every Tuesday at lunch in G205 to give student writers a space to express their creativity through composing short stories, poems or any other literary works.

ASB leadership junior representative Selene Lamb spoke about the importance of Club Day here at Pali, saying that, “by having clubs, people can meet other students with the same interests. They bring people together and ultimately promote a sense of unity throughout Pali.”

Freshman Sienna Ozar believes that club day was a good experience for club members and other students alike, saying that it was inspiring to “see the entire school in one place” and she “can’t wait to start [her] own club [next year].”